Ury House -- 1974
Ca. 1645; 1728; ca. 1790 by Miers Fisher; extensive additions and alterations 1841 for Stephen Crawford, altered
Pine Road above Strahle Street
Perhaps one of the oldest surviving structures in the city. It is now wrapped in a Regency "Grecian Villa" somewhat reminiscent o fthe residential commissions of John Haviland.
Edward Teitelman and Richard W. Longstreth, Architecture in Philadelphia: A Guide (Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 1974), p. 170.