Besides being somewhat adjacent Pennypack Creek, Ury House was just as close to Oxford Avenue, which was originally an Indian trail.

c. 1645 -- Ury House.

1683 -- Brauhaus Restaurant, with plaque stating Built in 1683.

1698 -- Trinity Oxford Church.

Oxford Avenue begins as a fork off of Frankford Avenue, which was also originally an Indian trail. Frankford Avenue begins at the Delaware River, just south of Penn Treaty Park, which was a New Sweden settlement circa 1645-1655.

Ury House -- context




««««

»»»»

3901
www.quondam.com/ury/6461.htm

2011.10.29
Quondam © 2007.03.20