Employed on the present cathedral of Siena. The earliest documents of this building date from 1259. Fra Melano was ordered to vault the space between the last columns and the rear wall of the church. In the contract of September 29, 1266, with Niccolò da Pisa for the pulpit in the cathedral of Siena, Fra Melano appears as the agent of the cathedral authorities. November 6, 1268, Niccolò gave him a receipt in full for money paid for the pulpit.